Labcraft’s Banksman BM3 is the first, and only, manoeuvring light to meet the stringent Regulation 23 manoeuvring light rules.
The Banksman provides a compliant manoeuvring light application to any commercial vehicle where improving safety and reducing costs is important. Below we highlight some of the key points of the regulation that will be applicable to vehicle operators and owners.
REGULATION 23 – WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Reg 23 defines the specification of Reversing & Manoeuvring lamps. Key points for Reg 23 compliance are:-
- Colour of light MUST be white.
- Where permitted, the intensity of the light must not exceed 500cd (candela).
- Outside of the “permitted” area (see above), the light must not have an intensity of more than 0.5cd from the lamp.
REGULATION 48 – WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Reg 48 defines how and where these lamps must be installed on a vehicle.
- They have to be activated by one of three conditions; the simplest one being the vehicle being put into reverse gear.
- They must switch off above 10km/h (6.4mph) in forward motion.
For more information on the Banksman BM3, and to arrange your demonstration and trial, call the Labcraft team on 01799 513434 or email [email protected]